Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Officially 3 Months Today!

We are here! We made it to the 3 Month mark! I'm so happy, it's just one hurdle of many we've jumped and with many more ahead to look forward to.
Today, is my monthly appointment, we've seen our baby in ultrasounds and seen the fast flicker of the heartbeat but today... we get to HEAR the heartbeat :)

I'm so excited, I can't wait. It's difficult to focus at work knowing what my day holds for me :D
It's also time for some preliminary questions... so I'm working on making a list of questions... well I have been since last week.

Some questions I'll be asking today:
* Can I eat peanut butter? ...
-I read that you shouldn't eat peanut butter while you're pregnant because it can increase your childs odds of having a peanut allergy... that just doesn't make sense to me... you'd think if you start it on peanut butter, you'd have less of a chance of getting a peanut allergy?? but what do I know? We'll find out at the doc today I guess!

* Is the babies heartrate an idicator on if it's a boy or girl?
- I read that if the babies heart rate is over 140 it can mean GIRL... well at our 9 week 2 day visit... the babies heart rate was 180 BPM!!!! That is FAST!

* I'm going to ask what cord blood donation intales...
- I don't see why I shouldn't donate the cord blood if it doesn't have any risk to my baby or me... we'll see!

* How much weight should I have gained by now and how much more?
- I want to figure out exactly how much I should gain as well as figure out a plan for the next 6 1/2 months, so I know how much I should gain each month... this should hopefully help me not over eat, or over indulge! So far, I've gained 3-4 pounds... I knew I'd gain right away because i was dieting and working out a lot... Once I foudn out, i completeley stopped working out... simply cause I was nervous... but now we're past the 1st trimester... I'm signing up for aquatic exercise and Yoga!

* Also the big question, to be sure I can have 5 people in the room with me when the baby is delivered! ( Of course as long as nothing goes wrong and we have a normal delivery)
- I want my Husband, of course, my mom, my sister, my mother in law and my besty, Ashley. Hopefully they can all make it!... I also have my alternate, Stephanie, if any one of the above can't make it, she'll be stepping in to help out too!

There are more questions... but I won't list every single one!

So wish us luck on our 3 Month appointment today! My mom will be on the phone with us so she can hear the heartbeat too :D

4 comments:

  1. Very Excited and Happy for you!!! If I can remember to send it out...I have something for you to use to minimize the stretch marks...it's Save My Skin by Pure Romance. I would love for you to let me know how it works, so I can have a definite review of it.

    Love you and will try to get it in the mail this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your research and questions have got me curious to know the answers now too! (There will be no additions to the Kurrus household anytime soon though, FYI.) I'd love to hear about the feedback you got =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be there, just squeeze your legs until we all show up!! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT questions!!! im curious about the answers! So exciting...i know you & justin are on cloud 9! :)

    ReplyDelete