Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Being a mommy ALWAYS comes first!





I love my baby... I'm pretty much obsessed with him... I can't get enough of his sweet smiles, joyful giggles and even his sour face pouts! He's the light in my life! As I always sing to him... he's my sunshine. I'm pretty sure I'm good at putting Maddox first... the problem is, I'm having trouble putting myself anywhere!
As soon as I get home, all I want to do is play with him, love him, hold him! On the weekends, I spend as much time as I can just playing with him and making him smile or laugh... I find I don't eat as healthy as I should and it's been SO difficult to get to the gym ... the main thing on my mind is being a mommy!
HOWEVER... I do look in the mirror often and say... ew... look away! I can't stand that skin dangling from my belly where it was stretched to the max and ruined my beautiful flat tummy... Then I tell myself... DUH, it was totally worth it! And I go back to my baby.... the problem is.. what am I going to do to get my body back?
I'm tired of people telling me.. "You'll never get your previous body back", well I want to prove them wrong! PLENTY of women get there body back.. it just takes hard work... BUT how do you put in that hard work when in your free time you just want to be with your baby boy?

So I'm currently doing weight watchers diet... which I am loving. I feel fulfilled AND they have a "Nursing Mothers Diet", so I still produce plenty of milk for my guy. Now ... the tricky part, gym... finding the time! Well, I already know, the ONLY time I will go to the gym is when I dont have Maddox, which is during my lunch time during the week. Well, I planned on starting as soon as I got back to work.... that was... a month and a half ago ... oops :)
I just got so used to running errands at lunch time, because that's the only time I don't have Maddox, so it's easier to get things done!

The procrastination is done with... TODAY, I went to the gym at lunch and worked out for an hour... I feel rejuvenated! You know that feeling, like you HAD to have lost some weight cause you feel so good! Really??? You worked out ONCE... so I look in the mirror... sure enough.. still, EW.
Yes, I knew that I wasn't going to be happy with myself right away, but don't you just wish you could, PROMISE to continue to work out and the weight would come off as soon as you decided to do this? Then, if after a week, you didn't work out, you would gain the weight back.

Yea... I know, isn't going to happen!

So until miracles can happen... or we become rich and I can get lipo... I guess I'll stick with weight watchers and the gym.... I need to look decent in at least a one piece by July.. and I need to look damn hott by the end of August! I have tons of weddings to go to after August!

1 comment:

  1. Yay you're back! :o)
    Girl I'm doing WW too. I did it about 6 years ago and decided I needed to go back in February. I have high cholesterol. It TOTALLY works and my cholesterol since last year has started to drop. And don't be so hard on yourself you JUST HAD Maddox. You will get back to your before body :o) its just going to take time and effort. I have faith in you. :o) Don't forget to drink lots of water :o)

    ReplyDelete